- One Full-Time Ph.D. Student
- Two Research Associates
The Ph.D. student will be primarily responsible for the analysis of collected physiological data signals (Electroencephalography: EEG, Galvanic Skin Response: GSR, Photoplethysmogram: PPG, Electrocardiography: ECG, Electromyography: EMG), report generation, and coordination of the project. In addition, he/she will also be responsible for the scientific manuscript dissemination in relation to the work.
Two RA’s will be responsible for the data collection at IDTR, New Delhi. Post data collection, both the RA’s will assist the Ph.D. student in the analysis of the data.
One RA will work on analyzing the vehicle’s data (accelerometer, brake, etc.) in relation to the video/NIR camera feed.
Other RA will perform psychometric analysis in collaboration with the researchers involved from AIIMS and IIIT-D.
- Ph.D. Student: Rs.31,000 + HRA (as applicable) for one year + contingency + travel Grant
- RAs: 20,000 (all-inclusive) for 8-12 months.
||For both Ph.D. and RA students:
- M.Tech / M.S. / M.E. in CS / IT / ECE / EE or allied areas or M.Sc. in Cognitive Science or allied areas and
- B.Tech / B.S. / B.E. in CS / IT / ECE / EE or allied areas, and
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 or at least 70% (or equivalent) in the graduation and the post-graduation degree.
- Ph.D. Student:
- 1 – 2 years of research experience in signal processing and machine learning.
- A publication in the relevant area in an international journal/conference of repute.
- Strong background in python and/or Matlab programming.
- Team spirit and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and creativity.
- Knowledge of signal processing and/or computer vision (RA1).
- Knowledge about psychometric analysis and statistical methods (RA2).
- Advanced experience with C++/Python and/or Matlab, reusable code and software documentation (RA1 and RA2).
For application please send an e-mail to (jainendra(at)iiitd(dot)ac(dot)in) with Subject as: Application for Ph.D./RA on “Driver’s Cognitive State Monitoring”. Please attach your updated CV. Ph.D. applicants also need to provide a 2-page research statement on “Cognitive State Monitoring using Physiological Signals”.