About Hi, I'm Dr. Jainendra Shukla
Empowering Machines with Emotional Intelligence and Adaptive Interaction
Jainendra Shukla is the founder and director of the Human-Machine Interaction research group and currently holds the position of Assistant Professor at
the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, in conjunction with the Department of Human-Centered Design at IIIT-Delhi. He enthusiastically investigates
how empowering social robots and machines with adaptive interaction abilities can improve the quality of life in health and social care.
Jainendra's research findings have been widely disseminated in prestigious international venues such as CHI, UbiComp, and IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing. He jointly-developed the first-ever MOOC course on Affective Computing for NPTEL and is currently leading the European Education and Culture Executive Agency funded Indo-EU project Capacity Building in Robotics & Autonomous Systems in India (IRAS-HUB) as the PI.
He has been awarded the research excellence award at IIIT-Delhi, the startup research grant by SERB, DST, and the prestigious Industrial Doctorate research grant by the Government of Spain. He received his Ph.D. in excellent grades with Industrial Doctorate Distinction and International Doctorate Distinction from Universitat Rovira I Virgili (URV), Spain, in 2018.
Awards and Achievements
2018 : Awarded Industrial and International Doctorate Distinction by URV, Spain
2018 : Awarded Travel Grant by ACM to attend the 13th Annual ACM/IEEE International
Conference on Human Robot Interaction in Chicago, IL, USA
2014 : Awarded Doctorats Industrial research grant by AGAUR, Government of Catalonia
2013 : Awarded CONACYT scholarship for doctoral research by Government of Mexico
2012 : Ranked First in Robotics Department at IIITA in M.Tech.
2010 : Awarded MHRD Scholarship by GoI for M.Tech. Studies
2009 : Ranked First in the I.T. Department at PVPPCoE in B.E.
2007 : Awarded Sir Ratan Tata Trust’s Scholarship for academic excellence
1. Ph.D. in Computer Engineering (04/2015 – 05/2018)Industrial and International Doctorate Distinction with Excellent Grades
1. Empowering Cognitive Stimulation Therapy with Socially Assistive Robotics and Emotion Recognition
2. Intelligent Robotics and Computer Vision (IRCV), Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
2. M.Tech. in Information Technology (Specialization: Robotics)
(07/2010 – 05/2012)
1. Development of a Hardware Software Suite for Human-Robot Interactions
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIITA), India
3. B.E. in Information Technology (07/2005 – 05/2009)First Class with Distinction
1. Operating System BMW (Basic-Modular-Working)
P.V.P.P. College of Engineering (PVPPCoE), University of Mumbai, India
1. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member #95565255
2. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member #7481985